In November, we announced that the University had committed to spend £4.5 million on Student Central over the next two years.
We are now giving all students the opportunity to give us feedback to help shape this exciting project in our quick 12 question survey. Show your completed survey in our venues* to recieve either a free tall grande Americano or pint of coke/lemondade.
Since the announcement we have been working closely with the University to find out what students think of the building, what works, what doesn’t and what problems we should address. We have run workshops to consult with current students, your elected representatives, our staff teams and sixth form students to explore common themes.
In order to maximise the budget that has been allocated we have identified a number of areas that we want to focus on. They are:
- Improving the visibility of our membership services (educational representation, sports, societies, volunteering opportunities, student media etc)
- Creating a multifunctional ground floor space to be used for daytime and evening events
- Redeveloping the first floor to provide areas for you to study, meet friends and relax
- Provide flexible activity spaces for student groups to meet, rehearse, perform and play.
- Improve the décor, light, flow and accessibility of the ground and first floor
Some areas on this floor have recently been redeveloped and will not be affected by this update. These include:
- Ground floor unisex toilets
You can find out more about the full project and register to take part in future workshops by clicking here.
* No cash alternative. Free tall Americano redeemable in Eats. Pint of coke/lemondade redeemable in Sanc only. To claim your prize, take a screenshot of the thank you screen and show it to the bar staff.